Youth Tour and CYCLE
Youth Tour 2017: June 9th-15th
CYCLE: July 12th-14th
Every year electric cooperatives in Missouri sponsor essay contests to select delegates to the annual Youth Tour to Washington, D.C. These fortunate high school students represent their local cooperative on a whirlwind tour of the nation's capital. They tour museums, visit America's most cherished monuments and even meet their elected officials. All the while they are learning about electric cooperatives and their role in the community.
- Students must be a High School Junior at the time they apply.
- Students’ parent or guardian must be a member of Tri-County Electric Cooperative
- Students must submit an essay of their choosing, as long as it meets the 1-2 page requirement.
- Students can use a previously written essay from their most recent English class, or choose a different topic entirely, as long as it is deemed appropriate for use in an English class.
- Applications and essays should be faxed to (660) 457-3736 or mailed to Tri-County Electric, Attn: Youth Tour, 16894 US Hwy 63, P.O. Box 159, Lancaster, MO 63548.
- Entry deadline is March 10th 2017.
Sadie Davis was Tri-County's 2016 Youth Tour Participant! Watch her experience below: