- Water heater tank size must be 40 gallons or larger.
- The water heater must meet the energy efficient standards of the National Appliance Energy Conservation Act of 1987.
- All rebates will be made to the member home-owner only.
- The member must complete and sign the rebate application form.
- The member must submit a photocopy of the original sales receipt and a photocopy of the efficiency tag from the water heater.
- Tri-County Electric Cooperative reserves the right to inspect any member’s water heater prior to the rebate at the installed address.
- Members are only eligible once every 6 years, per location, for the water heater rebate.
- Members accounts must be active and in good standing.
- Must be full-time home or full-time business. Home must be on a permanent foundation which makes it unlikely to be moved.
- Water heater must be installed/ready for inspections within 30 days.
- Current electric water heater in-place at account must be leaking; electric water heaters with defective elements/thermostats are not eligible.